Need Website Help?
Are You a Designer?
ARE YOU A DESIGNER,
|›||Free Web Design Quote|
|›||List of Categories|
|Website Builder, Free Hosting||Get Help With Rankings||Build Your Own Web Site|
» Domain Registration and Hosting
Low Cost Web Site Hosting
Full Service Web Site Hosting
Hosting Server Types
Specialty Web Site Hosting
United States Web Hosts
International Web Hosts
Domain Name Registration
Hosting and Domain Registration
The first steps in creating any web project are domain name registration and location of web hosting. Although both tasks seem simple enough, there is a great deal to consider. The choices you make for a domain name and web host can effect your site's performance later on.
Domain name registration means you take ownership of a particular online address. Ownership may be secured for one or a few years at a time. Some companies specialize in domain registration, and handle the entire process. On the other hand, some web hosting companies include domain registration services as part of their packages. Deciding which route best serves your project is a matter of cost effectiveness and convenience.
When deciding up a domain registration service, keep the following in mind:
- Do you need single domain registration, or multiple domain name registrations?
- If registering more than one domain name, is the price discounted?
- Does your domain name require an international registrar?
- Is there a price difference between your potential domain name registrars?
- What domain management resources are available after domain registration?
There are web hosting solutions to fit every possible need. In order to find the best match for your site, you must first evaluate your technology needs, expected traffic, expected growth and budget. Some web hosting providers offer canned hosting packages, and you'll need to find the closest match. Other providers will create a custom package tailored to your specifications. There are many choices available, so it pays to weigh the pros and cons of any potential web hosting service.
To identify your web hosting needs, consider the following:
By considering these issues fully, you simplify the process of web hosting provider location. Once priorities are identified, finding a reliable web host at a competitive price is possible.
- What is your primary concern, the availability of specific technology to power your site, cost, reliability of hosting, etc?
- Compare your needs with types of possible hosting.
- Will traffic and storage demands be heavy enough that a server dedicated to your site alone is required?
- Do you not need the full resources of an entire server? Would shared hosting be adequate?
- Does it makes sense to own your own server, but situate it at a web host's location?
- Do you need specific technology supported, such as ecommerce shopping cart, database, Coldfusion, etc?
- Do you prefer to work with a host located in your area?
WEB SITE DESIGNERS, MARKETING COMPANIES & HOSTS
United States Web Site Designers
International Web Site Designers
E-Commerce and Special Design Services
Internet Marketing & Promotion Services
Domain Registration & Hosting
E-COMMERCE & WEB DESIGNER DIRECTORY
Call 828-321-9036 (North Carolina) about web design quotes or advertising in the Directory.
WEB SITE DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT, WEBSITE TEMPLATES, LOGOS|
Logo, Web & Graphic Designers | Premade Company Logos
SEO Services India
WEBMASTER RESOURCES, SCRIPTS, PRINTING & PHOTOS
HOSTS AND DOMAIN REGISTRATION
Reseller Web Hosting: Reseller Web Hosting that's 300% Green by GreenGeeks.
Affordable Web Hosting
OTHER WEB RESOURCES
Dominique Chickens | Toggenburg Goats
|© 2001-2013 ECommerce & Web Designer Directory. All Rights Reserved.|